The ABUAD Timeline Blog S-Report is an invitation to help shape what The ABUAD Timeline Blog covers and how. Every day,in ABUAD there are stories of the events been told and personal opinions about issues concerning ABUAD.
For this to work, we all need to operate under a few guiding principles:
You must be an ABUAD student or staff.
What kind of content is welcome here?
The ABUAD Timeline Blog S-Report is a place to post your news: great stories of events you witnessed , or your own take on issues concerning ABUAD. News comes in all shapes and sizes, and the idea here at S-Report is that the ABUAD community would help shape what counts as news, but there are a few things every S-Report should have in common:
- It’s yours. Your S-Reports should be made up of your own words and images, or those that you have the rights to use.
- It’s true. S-Reports should be about real events, or real opinions on events. It’s not news if you make it up.
- It’s new and interesting. The best S-Reports teach us something new or start a fresh discussion. (Check the S-Report Toolkit for more storytelling tips.)
What if my story is difficult to stomach?
Sometimes a story that has news value can be hard to stomach. If you’re posting material you think may be difficult for sensitive audiences, tag it “discretion advised” and the The ABUAD Timeline Blog S-Report Team will add a warning to the content when posting. Please also note what is not welcome.
What isn’t welcome?
- Content that infringes someone’s copyright.
- Content that you know to be untrue.
- Spam, or repeated uploads that flood our dropbox with duplicate versions of the same or similar content.
- Pornography/sexually explicit content.
- Obscene/lewd content.
- Content that advocates violent behavior.
- Content that contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitive, prurient or gratuitous purposes.
- Content that advocates dangerous, illegal or predatory acts or poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety.
- Hate Speech/Racially or ethnically offensive content.
What if you see something on the site that violates the S-Report Guidelines?
Comment on the post with this “this is inappropriate” and our moderators will check it out.
What happens if you send something that violates the S-Report Guidelines?
Moderators will review it and delete it from our drop box. If you send more than three pieces of material that violates the community guidelines, you would be reported to the authorities.