On 22 March 2017, a 52-year-old Briton Khalid Masood, drove a car into pedestrians on the pavement along the south side of Westminster Bridge and Bridge Street where the Palace of Westminster in London, seat of the British Parliament is located and injured more than 50 people, four of them fatally. and later ran into New Palace Yard where he fatally stabbed an unarmed police officer before he was shot.
There was the Manchester attack in May, when a suicide bomber identified as Salman Abedi detonated a bomb around the Manchester Arena where an American pop star Ariana Grande concert was taking place. It didn’t stop there
On June 3,2017 Eight people were killed and 48 were injured, including four unarmed and a police officer who attempted to stop the assailants the Southwark district of London, England when a van mounted at pavement of London bridge was driven into pedestrians and the three men ran into nearby Borough Market pub and restaurant area, and stabbed people with long knives.
As if the terrorist attacks weren’t enough a huge fire engulfed a high-rise building in west London on Wednesday morning (today), putting further pressure on current Prime minister of the United Kingdom Theresa May as safety in England seems to be declining and becoming worse.
Can only pray that God strengthens the United Kingdom in such trying times
SEE LATEST INFORMATION ABOUT TODAY’S SAD FIRE BLAZE IN LONDON
According to recent reports concerning the sad event,the fire has been largely contained, but the building is still smoldering, 78 people have been treated at six hospitals, 18 are in critical condition, Police do not anticipate further survivors , as Fire chiefs say that it is “too early to speculate” the cause of the blaze in building
Witnesses saw people jump from tower, of which Residents had earlier raised concerns about building’s safety.
Local counsellor Robert Atkinson says “people are traumatized, devastated and very confused” and that residents had told him “there was no general fire alarm.”
He also said that “between 400-500 people” are estimated to have been living in the building before the blaze. Atkinson continued that he “believes the borough (area) is looking to put people into hotels to begin with.”
Emergency accommodation has been provided to 44 of the households affected by the fire, the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea council has said. Families with young children, elderly residents and those who are vulnerable have been given “immediate priority”.
The authority said it was helping anyone who needed emergency accommodation and had offered “financial assistance to cover their immediate needs”, adding that housing officers would work through the night to provide support.
People unable to return to their homes will be offered emergency accommodation at Westway Sports Centre in Crowthorne Road, north Kensington.
The council’s leader, Nick Paget-Brown, said:
This is a terrible day for Kensington and Chelsea and we are doing all we can to support the victims and their families. At present all our focus has to be on supporting the rescue and relief operation. But the cause of the fire will need to be fully investigated and we will keep people informed.
A council spokesman also thanked people who made “generous donations of food, clothing and other items”, but added: “We would ask you to please hold off for now as we have been inundated with useful items. When we need donations again we will update via our website and social media”.
A casualty bureau has been set up with the number 0800 0961 233, while residents displaced by fire have been asked to call 020 7361 3008. Volunteers who wish to help with the support effort can contact 020 7361 3008.